Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day






My first Mother's Day!  

We had a great weekend.  We all went on a hike (Elijah included) up at the house on Saturday, then Adrian made me a brunch picnic in the backyard on Sunday.  He also let me get as much sleep as possible by keeping Rowan busy in the AM.  We headed back to the city Sunday afternoon to have dinner with my mom.  LOBSTER!  I was so excited as I couldn't eat lobster during the pregnancy (the mercury levels are too high).  It was great except every time we make lobster, Adrian and I feel it's too barbaric to kill them.  We always end up saying that it's the last time we will cook them ourselves and yet we always end up doing it again.  This time, "Pinchy" tried to escape the pot.  

RE:  HIKE

Elijah had more fun than any of us.  He swam in mud, played fetch in the Hudson and ran around the woods for hours.  It was great.  He had to sit in the way-back in the station wagon on the way home as he stunk.

Adrian carried Rowan who chirped a few times, but otherwise, dosed off for most of the hike.

No comments: